Once you’ve booked your home move, there are a few things you can do around the house to make packing and moving out go extra smoothly. Follow these tips to prepare your home for the big day:
1. Clean your attic or loft
This helps the removal team see everything that needs to be moved, ensuring nothing gets forgotten.
2. Disconnect, drain and dry all white goods
Ensure ease of movement for your fridge, freezer, washer and drier on the day.
3. Take down all curtains, blinds and fixtures
This will save a lot of time on move day. Make sure all pictures, mirrors and other hanging objects are taken off the walls.
4. Fold all bedding and linen
Lay everything out on the beds, ready for packing.
5. Pack all electronic devices in their original packaging
If not possible, your removal team can use specialist packing materials for your devices.
6. Clear out your garage or shed
Clean and bundle together any tools for easy carrying.
7. Arrange for your pets to stay with a neighbour
This prevents them becoming unsettled on move day.
8. Dismantle any fitness equipment
Another great time saver.
9. Wrap plants in newspaper
This protects them from drafts and stops the leaves bruising.
10. Set aside any items for storage
This ensures they can be easily identified by the removal crew on the day.